Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Sponged Glimmer Paper

I loved the look of the faux mother-of-pearl card that I did, but wanted to make a simpler card with similar bling.  So, the layout is the same, but the process is way easier. 
I punched an ornament out of the silver glimmer paper and then sponged it with Not Quite Navy.  It worked great and wasn't too messy.  The only tip I have is to not keep dipping your sponge in your ink pad or the pad will get glitter bits in it.  Instead of a die cut piece for the sentiment, I used the Decorative Label punch and sponged around the edges.  The two lines across the bottom were made with my Simply Scored. 


2 comments:

Joanne Travis said...

Oooh, so pretty! I just got some of this paper now I need the time to play. I tried punching some snowflakes and it was a big failure. Maybe I'll try something larger like this, it sure looks gorgeous.

JulieA said...

Pretty!!! Hadn't thought of sponging it.