Friday, November 18, 2011

Doily snowflake

The white "snowflake" on this card was made using a cut out from a doily sheet in the Flirtatious specialty designer series paper.  On one side the doilies are either Melon Mambo or Peach Parfait, but on the back they're white.  So fun!

The red rosette was made by scoring a strip of designer paper on my Simply Scored.  The silver layer was punched out.  You can see a close-up in the next photo.

My son thought this needed even more bling and suggested a red rhinestone in the center of the silver.  SU doesn't sell red rhinestones, but they're easy to make with a clear rhinestone and a red permanent marker. 

This card was fun to make, but would probably get crushed in the mail. Definitely a hand-deliver kind of card.

1 comment:

Joanne Travis said...

I love red and white Christmas cards!! I have been making those rosettes like they are going out of style, not sure if I am going for a wreath or something else.