Monday, October 24, 2011

Spice Cake Challenge Cards

These are for a couple of challenges on SCS.  Both cards use the beautiful Spice Cake designer series paper.
This card was for today's Clean and Simple sketch challenge. Instead of having my paper strips straight across, I varied their height.  There's no way I could get them all straight across!  The focal point is left over from stamp club projects last week.  The Island Indigo layer was made with the Big Shot and Pennant die; the Suede layer is the Lace Ribbon Border punch that I crimped and then shaped into a circle. 

This card is for last week's Free For All Friday challenge.  The fold is called a Triangle Flap Fold and it's much easier than it looks. I finally used the fabric that coordinates with Spice Cake paper.  I actually cut it on my table top paper trimmer, which worked perfectly.

This is how the card looks open. 

No comments: