Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Masculine Cards

On of my biggest stamping challenges is making masculine cards.  My preference is for flowers and pretty colors.  I bought the Neutrals Stack of designer series paper with the intention of making masculine cards.  This is what I did with a 3" x 6" piece of the striped Chocolate Chip paper.

This card uses the Engraved Greetings stamp set that you can get FREE during Sale-A-Bration.  The stamp has some curly cue components to it, so I just colored the letters with my Chocolate Chip marker. The cardstock is Chocolate Chip and Crumb Cake. The dsp started as a 3x3 piece that I cut an inch off of.  I then cut the smaller piece in half and put it across the center of the card.  If you were to lift up the center rectangle, you'd see that the striped strip doesn't go all the way across.  How's that for being frugal with paper!

I'd had my eye on the So Many Thanks stamp for a while, so was excited when I could get it free during SAB.  In spite of the row of hearts, it's masculine enough.  This piece of dsp is 3x3.
It's so hard not to put on a little glitter, ribbon or bling.  As far as I can figure out, hemp and brads are about the only embellishments that are manly enough. I didn't use either of those on these cards, but HAD to add texture with my Big Shot embossing folder and texture plates.

My plan was to do a week of masculine cards.  This may stretch me to my creative limits!  

I like these layouts so maybe I'll use them again and pretty them up.  Stay tuned.

1 comment:

JulieA said...

These are a lot of fun! Great job doing the masculine thing. I love your layers on that first card and you might just convince me to get that stamp set. :-)