Thursday, March 17, 2011

Botanical Gazette Ensemble

Here's another set of cards made with the Botanical Gazette Designer Series Paper.  Since I don't have the coordinating stamp set, I had to stretch myself.  This set of cards is made with two 6x6 pieces of the dsp, along with cardstock and embellishments.
This is the whole set, or should I say "flock" of cards. 

In addition to the dsp, I punched a bird out of chocolate chip and ran his wing through the big shot using the Elegant Lines embossing folder.  I sponged a little Very Vanilla ink on the wing and belly for some added dimension. The dsp and Crumb Cake layer were also embossed with that folder.  No actual birds or their wings were punched in the making of this card :-) 

I have to admit that I cheated on this one.  The bird is cut out from the same designer series paper, so I guess I did use more than two 6x6 pieces. 

The flower is from the Fun Flowers die in the Occasions Mini catalog.  I sponged the centers of the flowers with Marina Mist and the edges with Crumb Cake.

Same bird punch as before.  The sentiment is from Bring on the Cake.  Crumb Cake seam binding that I ruffled by pulling on some of the center threads. 

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

4 comments:

Kathy W said...

gorgeous

JulieA said...

Very pretty! Wow, you've been busy. I love them all!

Joanne Travis said...

All of them are gorgeous!! Love the colors.

Kim said...

Wow, you've stretched yourself very well. I love your cards.

Thanks for sharing,
Kim