Thursday, February 24, 2011

Watercolored Botanical Gazette

I got the Botanical Gazette designer series paper and haven't really known what to do with it since I don't have the Nature Walk stamp set that coordinates with it.  A girl's gotta have some limits, right? I was stumped.  Fortunately, last week I got my New Color watercolor wonder crayons and had them on my desk and had the butterfly paper nearby and had an aha moment.  I colored those boring brown butterflies with my crayons and this is what I came up with.


The designer series paper works really well with the crayons and blender pens.  The color spreads beautifully. Now if I can just figure out what to do with the creepy bee paper from that pack.

2 comments:

Jana O'Brien said...

Wow, these are just gorgeous! And I love your creative use of the die as well.

Gaylyn said...

Gorgeous! I needed the stamp set too, just got it. I am definitely ripping that paper back out and trying this!