Monday, February 7, 2011

Using the Color Coach

I finally broke down and bought Stampin' Up!'s new color coach.  Why oh why did I wait so long? It has combinations that I would never have thought of and info about the dynamic duos (combinations that create monochromatic looks) that surprised me. 
This combination is Poppy Parade, Not Quite Navy and Sahara Sand.  I think it works pretty well. 

The main flower is from Build A Blossom and the "thanks" is the Sale-A-Bration set So Happy For You (free with $50 purchase).  Check out the stamp on the right side.  It's one of the rows of stitching from In Stitches stampin' around wheel.  I unmounted the rubber and cut apart the rows of stitching. I put a thin row of Tombow Multi Adhesive on the back of the rubber and let it dry.  Did you know that if you let it dry without sticking it onto anything, it becomes a temporary adhesive? Anyway, with the new clear blocks, it worked like a champ.  For $8.95, it was a worthwhile experiment.  The only problem is that the rubber is about 7" long and that didn't work with my blocks. So, I cut it down to 5.5" which is the length of most of my cards. 

Cheers,
Sharon

3 comments:

Kim said...

Great card, I have just started using the color coach myself. It's a great tool.

Thanks for sharing,
Kim

JulieA said...

Wow, that's a really cool combo! Like you, I've not used my coach yet. Duh! Definitely going to go use it today. Thanks for the inspiration!

Joanne Travis said...

I love the CC! Some really lovely combos I would not have thought of. Glad to see you got the Fun Flowers die, I have to crack mine open and make something soon. This rocks!