Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Three Amigas Virtual Playdate

Once again we had a Three Amigas virtual playdate. We each gave the others a challenge.  This is what I came up with between driving my kids to and from various places (sometimes more than once since one of them left his swim bag at the pool), cooking and a little cleaning.

Joanne's challenge was to make a Valentine treat holder.  I used the scallop envelope die for the Big Shot to make this holder.  Love the glittery red heart made from the red glitter paper in the mini.  It contains a cookie which our family refers to as The World's Best Cookies.  The oatmeal texture of the cookies mirrors the bumpy texture of my thighs due to eating too many. You can thank me for not showing you a picture of my cellulite.



Julie's challenge was to make a Valentine card without using pink or red.  My wonderful husband makes me a latte every morning, so this seemed very appropriate.  The main image and sentiment is from Pun Fun and the colors are Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy and Crumb Cake.

My challenge was to make a card using only the neutrals color palette.  I played with my new Bring on the Cake stamp set for this one.   Adhering the little bitty candles was a bit of a challenge.anyone have any tips? When I asked my husband if this card was masculine enough, he said that cards are never masculine because guys don't give other guys cards. I really do love him a latte in spite of his attitude toward cards.

Click on my amigas' links and check out their creations.

2 comments:

Joanne Travis said...

All are fabulous. Love your creativity here, your mojo is on fire! The cookies sound yummy. Did you make them? If you did you get extra points :)

JulieA said...

Very fun!!! Love your cookie holder. That's a great way to use that scallop envie die. (are you sharing your cookie recipe?) The Love You A Latte card is great! Love the colors. And those candles...I have the same problem. I use my 2-Way Glue Pen, but those flames are really hard to glue on!