Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sweet Summer

I WISH it was summer, but that's a long way off.  This is the Sweet Summer stamp set that you can get FREE with a $50 purchase.  It's a fun little outline set that can be colored in or left empty.  This time I chose to color it.  I started with just the oval with no mat underneath it, but it needed something more.  So, after the whole thing was glued together, I punched 3 scallop ovals which I'd punched the center out of and finagled them around and underneath the white oval.  Let me tell you, stamping friends, that's not for the faint of heart! 

It all turned out in the end, but I really need to learn the lesson of laying the whole thing out before gluing anything down. 

2 comments:

Joanne Travis said...

This IS sweet! Love these delicate flowers.

Heather said...

Love you take on the sketch Sharon - thanks so much for playing along!