Friday, February 18, 2011

Springtime Vintage Ensemble

The Springtime Vintage Designer Series Paper lives up to its name. It's got a lovely vintage feel and it's floral.  What more can you ask for?  For this set of cards, I used a 6" x 6" piece of dsp.  Some of my customers did a product share where they each got a 6x6 piece of every dsp in the mini catalog and I wanted to put together a sample of what could be done with it.  I made these a few weeks ago, so hopefully I remember all the details.

For this card, I cut the dsp into a 4" x 4" piece, which left me with a 4x2 piece and a 2 x 6 piece that I used later. The stamp set is Punch Bunch, a set you can get free.  I used my markers directly on the stamp to get multiple colors on the same stamp.   
I used the 4 x 2 piece of dsp on this card.  The border on the right from the In Stitches wheel which I took off the wheel and cut apart each image. The sentiment is from So Happy For You, another SAB set. 

The final card uses the 6x2 strip.  I cut 1/2" off of the end and used it as an accent piece. The sentiment is from Bring on the Cake.  Colors used on all cards are: Baja Breeze, Pear Pizazz, Not Quite Navy and Very Vanilla. 

You could use these layouts with any designer series paper and stamp sets.  It's pretty quick and easy, once you figure out your basic approach. As I've been writing this, I'm inspired to make another set of cards with different layouts from a 6x6 piece. Cross your fingers that I have time to get that done. 
 

4 comments:

Joanne Travis said...

Ooh, pretty! I wish they sold this one design in bulk, it's my favorite from the pack. Beautiful samples!!

Jana O'Brien said...

Fabulous idea, Sharon! I may have to steal, umm I mean CASE, this!

Annie said...

Great ideas! I just CASE'd these tonight. I'll post them on my blog in a couple of days and link back to you. TFS!!!

JulieA said...

I love all of the ways you used this DP. It's one of my fav's in that pack! Very pretty cards!