Thursday, February 10, 2011

Future's So Bright...

...I gotta wear shades.  Remember that song?  Okay, I don't know whether the future is bright or not, but this card certainly is.  It started out to be for yesterday's SCS sketch challenge.  Well, it looked awful and no matter how I arranged things, they got worse. So, I tossed the various pieces aside and came back later and this is what evolved.  It's definitely not worth all the time I spent agonizing over it, but I don't hate it anymore.

  The base and flower are Melon Mambo, lighter is Regal Rose.  The adorable designer paper is from the Sweet Stitches pack in the mini.  The flower is from the Fun Flowers die and the center of the flower is covered in Baja Breeze glass glitter, also from the mini.  I found a great way of getting the glitter to stick.  After punching out your shape, use the Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets on p. 39 of the mini and then dunk it in the glitter container.  The stamp set is So Happy For You which is one of the sale-a-bration sets you can get free with a $50 purchase.

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

very fun, esp with pom pow fringe