Saturday, February 5, 2011

Fun with Flowers

I had a wonderful block of time to play this afternoon while the guys were doing "guy stuff." This one uses all kinds of new toys from the Occasions Mini Catalog including the Fun Flowers die for the Big Shot, First Edition designer series paper, and Rose Red seam binding.  

The old toys that I used were the self-adhesive pearls (love 'em!), Boho Blossom punch, and the Elegant Lines embossing folder.  Colors are Rose Red, Basic Gray and Very Vanilla. I'd been wanting to try the ruffled ribbon technique that's super popular now.  It was much easier than I anticipated.  Use a strip of stick strip and then just keep folding your ribbon on it your ribbon on it.  Some people use a needle and thread and gather the ribbon, so it's really a matter of personal preference. 

Visit again soon. I have lots of projects to share. 

Cheers,
Sharon

2 comments:

Kim said...

Very pretty card, I didn't think I needed another Flower die but I just might change my mind.

Thanks for sharing,
Kim

JulieA said...

Oooo, very pretty! You're making me wish that I had ordered that DP. Dang it! And I just ordered that Flower die because of people like you enabling me! Good thing you get a cut of whatever I buy. ;-)