Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Three Amigas Virtual Playdate

Two of my demonstrator friends and I are having trouble scheduling an in-person stamping playdate, so we're doing a virtual one instead.  Each of us came up with a challenge and we have 24 hours to complete all three challenges.  It's been a blast and really helped spark some creativity.

My first card is based on Joanne's challenge to make something sweet -- chocolate, cupcakes, birthday cake, etc.  This is what I did.

The cone is made from the Scallop circle die and textured with Perfect Details texture plate.  Ice cream is from the larger scallop circle punch.  The cherry is the 1/2" circle punch and the stem is hand cut.  Of course I used Cherry Cobbler for the cherry.  This card is 3x6 and will easily fit in a #10 envelope. 

The second card is for Julie's challenge to use Baja, Eggplant, Pear Pizazz, and Peach Parfait.  I'd been wanting to use the paper piecing technique with  Kimono Kids for a while and this was the perfect opportunity. This card is dedicated to the other two Amigas: Julie and Joanne.

I LOVE the sentiment. It totally cracks me up because I think everyone has at least one of those relatives that is a little "out there".   For some reason, scenes from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation are going through my head.  This card took a long time because of all the cutting and coloring but seriously, how many people are you going to send it to?

My challenge was to use a "found object" to stamp with or use on the project.

I actually used two found objects.  The vase is punched from a gum wrapper from "5" gum.  The background is sponged through a net bag that last night's potatoes came in.


I glued the gum wrapper to Whisper White before punching it out with my Ornament Punch. 
I've been hooked on these little roses lately. Aren't they fun? You just need a scallop circle punch, a regular circle punch and a bamboo skewer.  There are lots of tutorials on the web for them.  Please note, that isn't me on the video, just a helpful tutorial. 

In case you're wondering, I made Pioneer Woman's Crash Potatoes last night.  They were fabulous.

4 comments:

Joanne Travis said...

Totally awesome and creative projects!! I can't decide which is my favorite since they are all so beautiful. You know I love those little Kimono Kids.

JulieA said...

Sharon, those are great! Great "chocolate" card, the sponging on the netting was apparently ESP (haha!) and I love the gum wrapper idea. Now those kimono kids...that was CUTE! Love what you did with all of that paper piecing. And I love the sentiment.

khesketh said...

Hello. I love stamping with you Sharon. You always have the best designs for us to make. The Chocolate one is my favorite. Thanks.

Kim said...

I love all these projects. I'm definitely going to have to save the next potato bag I get - that adds some really cool texture to your card.

Thanks for sharing,
Kim