Monday, January 31, 2011

Stamp Club Projects and Makeovers

We had a fun time at stamp club last week.  Who needs therapy when you have stamping?  I had a couple extra sets of supplies, so I tried to mix and match the cardstock to make different projects. 

The first one is the one we made using the inlaid embossing technique.  We fancied up the ribbon with the Valentine rub-ons in the mini catalog. 


The makeover card uses the same card base and rub-ons, but the pink layer is from the Eat Chocolate card which I showed you a couple weeks ago.  There's no stamping on this card.  I like the clean and simple look of it. 

This card uses the Build a Blossom stamp set and coordinating punch. The flower is in Razzleberry and edged in Marina Mist. Notice the colored rhinestone brad? Yep, I pulled out the Sharpie again.


The makeover card uses the same crumb cake layer,  the whisper white and marina mist scallop oval.  The stamp set is Hello Again, which you can get FREE as a Sale-a-Bration item.  It's a cute set and is very easy to use.  I stamped the middle flower again on scratch paper and cut it out and popped it up on a dimensional, but I'm not sure you can tell.  I also cut out the butterfly and mounted it on the focal point. The espresso card base is also from the Eat Chocolate card.   I like the big white brad, although I would have preferred that it was Marina Mist. Maybe I should have checked my Sharpie container.    I'm pretty happy with this card, EXCEPT that I mounted it backward so it opens on the left. DOH!
Cheers,
Sharon

3 comments:

JulieA said...

Great cards, Sharon! I bet your club loved them.

Kim said...

What a great set of cards, the rub-ons are great.

Thanks for sharing,
Kim

Jana O'Brien said...

I love that you re-used supplies! Great job!