Wednesday, February 3, 2010

T-Shirt Inspiration

I got this fun t-shirt at a high-end store (aka Target) last Spring and really love it. When I was playing around with the stencils recently, I realized that I could kind of replicate it.  The colors are a bit different, but the concept of stenciling on a patterned design is the same. What do you think?

The stencil is part of Elegant Trio set of stencils in the Definitely Decorative Spring insert.    It's a set of three (it's called a "Trio" so you probably already figured that out!) and it sells for $9.95. The stencil set also has a Fleur de lis, so you New Orleans Saints fans could make some Superbowl cards :-)  I suppose I should be cheering for the Saints since I went to grad school at LSU.  And, in all honesty, watching football's not my thing.

Cheers,
Sharon

3 comments:

Joanne Travis said...

What an awesome inspiration, I love the look of the stencil on the pattern. Really beautiful!

Marilyn Goodrich said...

I love your interpretation of the inspiration piece! Beautiful stenciling!! :-)

Jana Emmert said...

So pretty, Sharon! I love the colors and the stenciling.