Tuesday, October 27, 2009

5 Minute Cards That Took 2 Days to Make

You know how sometimes cards evolve and your simple 5-minute creation turns into 30+ minutes or several days? This is one of those times! Both of these cards use Razzleberry, which is a 2009-2010 In Color.

The first card started out with the gorgeous French Filigree stamp in the background and a nice simple Upsy Daisy image in the foreground. Then it needed a bit more, so I spritzed it with that marker spritzer thingy --- oh yeah, the Color Spritzer Tool (p. 192, item 107066, $12.95 -- aren't I a good demonstrator giving you all that info? LOL) Add a bit of ribbon and it's done. But NOOOO, it needed more. So I pulled out Eastern Blooms and added flowers on the background. Pretty good. Then add some white dots on the scallop edge.

By this time everything had been glued together but it still didn't make me happy. So, I added a left hand border with the Finial Press embossing folder and punched it with my eyelet border punch. Now I wish I'd used a different color ribbon, but enough is enough!

In case you're interested, used the Circle Scissor Plus to cut the circles. I found it really easy to use once I put a smidge of temporary adhesive on the cardstock before attempting to cut.

So, on to this one. After doing the background with flowers on the previous card, I wanted to make one using French Filigree as stems/vines. Again, I figured it would be a really quick card. But somehow I had to keep adding stuff to make this work. I loved that I could use my In Color Markers (thanks SU!) to do multi-tone flowers by coloring directly on my stamp. This layout is really growing on me and I may have to make something else using it.

OK, time to go make Alton Brown's Swedish Meatballs for dinner, even though it's only 2:15 in the afternoon here. With the kiddos' after school activities, dinners are a multi-part process. Thank goodness for microwaves and crock pots! Where's that fairy godmother when you need her?

Cheers,
Sharon

4 comments:

Joanne Travis said...

I LOVE the French Filigree as part of the background. Both cards are gorgeous!!

Jana Emmert said...

I love the addition of the extra stamps to the background! Beautiful!

Kathy W said...

too funny, things that you think will be quick you keep tweaking, I have burned many a dinner or cookies that way!

JulieA said...

Very pretty Sharon. Love that eyelet border edge that you added. Love the idea of the French Filigree as the vines for the flowers!