Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Adapting Catalog Layout

This year at my monthly stamp clubs, we're going to be copying one of the layouts from the catalog each month. For this quick and easy card, we used one of the samples on p. 37. We just changed the stamp set, papers and colors, and ta-da...a brand new card.
The colors don't look exactly right, but the base is Orchid Opulence, along with Old Olive and Razzleberry. The designer paper is from the Cottage Wall packet (LOVE LOVE LOVE that paper). The stamp set is Flight of the Butterfly and the butterfly is actually punched out of dsp. This is a very quick card and would be easy to mass produce. I may use this layout with other designer paper and stamp sets just for kicks. If you get inspired to do so, post a comment with a link to your card, or email me your card and I'll post it on my blog.

Gotta go now. Have a fabu day!

2 comments:

JulieA said...

I love your idea of punching the butterfly out of the same DSP as the piece on the card!

Joanne Travis said...

I love the Cottage Wall dsp too. This is a wonderful and versatile layout and I love the colors you chose. So beautiful!!