Monday, March 16, 2009

Wagon Full of Fun is Awesome!

The Wagon Full of Fun stamp set in the Occasions mini is, well, fun! It's easy to color and the images are really cute. My favorites are the cupcake and flower, at least for right now. Although the mini catalog isn't out yet, this is one of the sets that customers can order now.

On the first card, I also used Itty Bitty Backgrounds and the new Oval All stamp set that is in the Occasions mini. There is also a new Scallop Oval punch in the mini that coordinates with that stamp set. Today was the first time I'd used it, but it definitely won't be the last. It layers so nicely with the other oval punches. I had a bit of the designer paper that I'd used my eyelet border punch on, still sitting on my stamping table, so I used that as a cute topper. On the cupcake card, I also used the Happy Everything stamp set. After I stamped "Happy," I used one of the Big Shot texture plates on the Barely Banana layer. I kind of wish I'd had another black layer between the banana and rose base, but it's too late now. The frosting of the cupcake has a thin layer of Crystal Effects, so it's really glossy. Crystal Effects is also an adhesive, so the pink beads are stuck on tight. I may do something like this as my swap at the Seattle Regionals. What do you think?


4 comments:

Joanne Travis said...

OOh. I love both of these!!!

JulieA said...

Sharon, I love both of these! Especially that little bit of eyelet border that was sitting on your desk. Makes it look like a window with a flower pot in it. Cute!

Jana Emmert said...

Great coloring, Sharon! And I love the ovals on both of these.

Kathy W said...

like how they don't seem "Easter" at all- very good ideas!