Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Three Amigas Weekly Challenge -- Something Old, Something New

Nope, it doesn't continue how you think it does. This week's Three Amigas Challenge was two-fold: we had to use an accessory that was new to the 2009 Stampin' Up! Idea Book & Catalog, and one that had been in the last catalog (but is still in this one), PLUS we had to use an element on a card and on a scrapbook page.

I chose an Easter theme using the Wagon Full of Fun stamp set that is in the Occasions 2009 mini. Although not everything is available for purchase now, SU decided to let customers purchase the sets that had an Easter component now.

My something new is the flower brad and my something old is the white grosgrain ribbon. Other pertinent info: the designer paper is from the Good Morning Sunshine paper pack. Cardstock colors are Whisper White, Barely Banana, Pretty in Pink, and Almost Amethyst. The fantastically wonderful Eyelet Border Punch was used to create that beautiful layer of white. I also used the Ticket Corner and Photo Corner punches.

You can see that I carried the Easter egg focal point over to the scrapbook page. I also used the same strip of designer paper layered on colored cardstock. The ribbon and brad are there too. I also used the Eyelet Border Punch liberally on the scrapbook pages as well as the card.
The top white section is for the page title, and I think the photo and journaling spots are pretty self explanatory.






Of course the scrapbook page is a bit more detailed than the card, but you can see how easy it is to use the same ideas on both. So, if you're comfortable making cards, I challenge you to branch out into scrapbooking and vice versa.

Tomorrow I'll post pictures of our new puppy, so check back.

Cheers,

Sharon

3 comments:

Joanne Travis said...

LOVE it all!! Now I want that stamp set too.
I'm inspired by this, can't wait to do a scapbook page. I am the biggest procrastinator on the planet. Or at least here in Bellevue :)

JulieA said...

Sharon, that's wonderful! I love them all. You carried the ideas through both projects so beautifully! Now it's my turn to get in the craft room, but you've set the bar pretty high!

Jana Emmert said...

Great use of accessories, can't wait to see the puppy!