Monday, March 2, 2009

Three Amigas Challenge -- Masculine card

Our Three Amigas Weekly Challenge is to make a card for a boy or man with any shades of the colors brown and blue. It can be for any occasion you choose. I combined this with this week's technique challenge on Splitcoast which was to make a crimped envelope pocket card and came up with this.

This is how it opens and what is inside. You could attach a gift card to the insert if you want. Cool project, huh!?!
I used a Kraft envelope and sponged around the edge with Not Quite Navy and then decorated the front with the cupcake die set for the Big Shot. Inside I used the Party Hearty stamp set. Don't you love the jumbo brad that's holding the ribbon closed? It looks like a piece of chocolate.
If you want to know how to make these crimped envelope cards, let me know. I'll be happy to help :-)
Cheers,
Sharon

3 comments:

Joanne Travis said...

I LOVE it!! What a perfectly fun and fabulous birthday card. I am so casing you right after I borrow your cupcake die hahaha!!!
Awesome job on the challenge, mi amiga!

Jana Emmert said...

Great for a boy or man. I love the theme of the dots and how it ties in with the brad!

JulieA said...

SHUT UP!!!!! That is way too cute! Man, now am I going to need to do both challenges too? stink! Guess so...off to the craft room/studio/mess room...sigh...