Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Pearls and Swirls

Today's sample uses Stampin' Up!'s hostess set Echos of Kindness. The layout is from SCS's card sketch challenge. My layout is a bit more off-center than the sketch intended. As much as I'd like to say it was artistic license, it was really because the sketch got buried on my stamping table and I did it from memory. The designer paper is from the Raspberry Tart pack. In addition, I used Whisper White, Pretty in Pink and Rose Red. The swirls are cut with my Big Shot and Gable Green paper. If I were to do this card again, I'd cut off part of the top swirl because it's a little to heavy and detracts from the focal point. I'd also clean off my scanner so there's not the weird mark above the flower.

I just realized today that this set has a sweet pea stamp. I'll have to make a set of these cards for a friend who is totally into sweet peas. I'm not sure if it will make up for not having sent their Christmas presents yet. It's a long story.

You can get this stamp set free by hosting a workshop that totals $300+. If you want to have a crafty girls' night with your friends, I'm happy to help out. If you live long distance from me and want to do a "Craft night in a box," I'm happy to help with that too :-)

Cheers,
Sharon

2 comments:

JulieA said...

Sharon, this is beautiful! I love the swirls and flowers. Gorgeous sweet pea!

Susan Shields said...

Stunning, absolutely stunning!!!