Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Buckets of Chocolate

What could be better than a bucket of chocolate? How about two buckets of chocolate?! We made these at a recent Mom & Me stamping event at my house in Bellevue, WA. I adapted this idea from Laura Brown (she's such a genius!). The kids could make either a Garden of Chocolate or a Galaxy of Chocolate, and some chose to mix and match. I'm pretty sure there are butterflies in outer space; we just haven't discovered them yet.
Here are shots of each individual bucket and then one from the side so you can see how the chocolate fits into the die cuts.





The kids really enjoyed using the Big Shot and punches to make their flowers, butterflies, stars and planets. I think they also enjoyed sampling the chocolate LOL. For me the most difficult part was getting rid of the left-over chocolate. The eating part was fine; the getting it off my butt is a bit more challenging. Note to self: give away all the chocolate at the end of the event!
The Method to My Madness:
After punching out the various shapes, wrap a big glue dot around the flat end of a bamboo skewer. Stick one die cut to the front and the candy to the back. Put a small glue dot on the other side of the candy and attach another die cut.
There is florist foam in the bottom of the buckets for the skewers to go it. Then the top is shred.
This is a super easy project for kids of all ages to do and you could do it for any holiday. You can often get buckets like these at the Target Dollar Spot, Michaels or a dollar store. If you wanted to make the project more elaborate, you could punch holes in the bucket with your Crop-A-Dile and weave ribbon through it, or put brads in, or whatever you can come up with.
If you do one of these bucket projects, please shoot me an email. I'd love to see other ideas.
Cheers,
Sharon

4 comments:

Kathy W said...

brillant idea, might have to steal it!

Jana Emmert said...

I love the way you adapted Laura's idea!

JulieA said...

Super cute idea and wonderful photos. WTG Amiga!

Christine said...

Okay, I LOVE this!!! It is so simple and wonderful!