Friday, February 27, 2009

Trendy Trees and Upsy Daisy Card Sets

I had a blast creating these card sets from Trendy Trees and Upsy Daisy. If you resist cutting into your designer papers, this is a great way to use just a little bit, but get a big bang for your buck. Each of the sets only uses one 4"x 12" piece of designer series paper, so you still have a huge piece left for scrapping or other projects.

This first one uses the very fun Trendy Trees stamp set which is a great bargain. You get several tree images ans well as 2 greetings for only $17.95. And the spiral image can be used as a non-tree. LOVE IT!
To make this set, I used one piece of each of the following: Pacific Point, Kiwi Kiss and Barely Banana and a strip of Very Vanilla cardstock. I embellished with paper piercing, hemp and punched out birdies, which are on the other side of the Good Morning Sunshine designer series paper. Now that I see the cards in the daylight, I see that I went a little heavier on the sponging than I like. But, you can easily manage that on your own set.

This second set uses the Upsy Daisy stamp set and features the Urban Oasis designer series paper.

The cardstock is one piece each of Basic Gray, Kiwi Kiss and Baja Breeze, and a 3" x 11" strip of Very Vanilla. I embellished with Flower Fusion Too, Gold Brads and Twill Tape.

I'm still working on writing the instructions for these. If you want a copy of them, please send me an email or leave a comment (I LOVE comments -- they make me feel like someone actually reads my blog). It'll be a few days before I get the instructions done, because my weekend will be spent at a swim meet (as usual!). In the meantime, you can check out the one I did in December. That one has cutting instructions.

Cheers,

Sharon

6 comments:

JulieA said...

Sharon, I love these sets! They're terrific. Quick and lovely at the same time. I especially love that little birdie in the build-a-brad!

Jana Emmert said...

Gorgeous sets, Sharon! What a great way to get a big bang for your buck.

Kathy W said...

great projects- like how you spread one stamp and dsp a long way!

Marilyn said...

These are awesome cards Sharon - and a great way to use some of that DSp we tend to hoard LOL!!

Gwen Mangelson said...

I love the cards!!!

Penny said...

Lovely cards Sharon, thanks for sharing
Pen