Monday, February 23, 2009

Three Amigas Weekly Challenge -- Vellum

This week's Three Amigas challenge was to use vellum. You can do a ton of techniques with it and these are just a couple of them.


On this first card, I used my So Swirly wheel in Classic Regal Rose ink and them embossed with Iridescent Ice embossing powder. Yep, you read that correctly, I embossed on classic ink. Because vellum isn't very porous, classic ink dries much slower than on regular cardstock, so you can emboss with it. I used vellum cardstock, which is sturdier and didn't curl like vellum paper would. It's hard to see the embossing, but if you cross your eyes just right, you can make out some sparkles.

You'll notice that I also used my new eyelet border punch and the new white Organza ribbon. That ribbon is so soft and easy to work with. It's just lovely. I also broke out the Pretties kit on this baby.

On the second card, I did a faux stained glass technique. I stamped the front side of the vellum with Basic Black ink using the rose from Fifth Avenue Floral. After it dried, I turned it over and colored with my markers and then used my blender pen to blend the colors together. Again, because the vellum doesn't absorb the ink, you can blend your markers very easily. You can see the little flower sticking out from the ribbon. That's another flower from the Pretties Kit that I colored with the same marker colors. And, of course, I had to run a layer of cardstock through my Big Shot using a Texturz plate.

Vellum also looks really classy when you dry emboss or use a Texturz plate on it. I'm currently working on a sample so hope to have that posted soon too.

If you want to schedule a class that features vellum, please let me know.

Cheers,

Sharon


4 comments:

JulieA said...

I love both of these, Sharon! What fabulous colors and vellum techniques. I especially love the colors on that second card. Very classy!

Jana Emmert said...

Definitely wows, Sharon!

Kathy W said...

love the use of texture and the vellum is so subtle

Rhonda Langley said...

Beautiful! Love the vellum!