Monday, February 9, 2009

Three Amigas Weekly Challenge -- A Riddle

Joanne posed this week's challenge as a riddle: "What's black and white and red all over?" Our challenge, of course. We were to use primarily black and white with a touch of red for some pop. I did a couple cards. You'll notice that one of them is the same layout as last week's challenge. I needed a chance to redeem myself, because last week's card was kind of a dud. I like this one WAAAAY better.

But, before we get to that one, for this first one I used the SAB set Botanical Blooms which is winning the poll at this moment. I also used my brand new butterfly die for the big shot and stamped it with a stamp from Itty Bitty Backgrounds.

This one is my "please redeem me" card. Don't you think it's much better? You can't really tell, but the white layer that's inside the card has some raised dots at the bottom. I did those with one of the new Texturz Plates for the Big Shot. In addition to giving the card a little bit more interest, it reminds the person writing in the card that they shouldn't write all the way to the bottom.

As always, if you want to play along, please do. Just send me the url for your card and I'll link to it. You'll be famous LOL

Other challenge entries

Joanne's

Julie's

Mudmaven's (sorry, I'm not sure of her real name)

Cheers,
Sharon

3 comments:

JulieA said...

Very beautiful, Sharon! I love both of them! And good idea to link the cards - I'll go do that to my post also.

Laura Brown said...

Great cards and a fun challenge!

Kathy W said...

great job on the challenge, I like them both!