Monday, February 16, 2009

Three Amigas Weekly Challenge -- Fun Layout

Julie posted this week's challenge and it was to use this layout in a card. I played around with a couple of different ideas. One was to use my Big Shot and the big scallop circle. On this I used the SAB set, Botanical Blooms. If you look closely at the Mellow Moss layer, you can see that I used a Texturz plate on it and then sponged lightly with Mellow Moss ink.


For the second card, I used the Dahlia Fold technique, which takes a bit of practice. As you can see, I'm still perfecting the technique :-) Directions are on SCS. I used the scallop circle punch instead of the plain circle punch. All of the Designer papers are from the SAB Delicate Dots package. I love free stuff! I sponged around the edges in Cameo Coral to help the central image pop a bit. And the new flower brads that I used are just adorable.

If you want to join in the fun, post your card on SCS with the word TAWC in the Keywords section. Or post it on your blog and send me the link.


Cheers,


Sharon

4 comments:

JulieA said...

Sharon, these are pretty! I love how the two cards look so different and yet they are the same layout. TFS!

Joanne Travis said...

Fabulous cards, Sharon! I love the dahlia fold with the scallops. Both of them are so pretty!!

Kathy W said...

wow, two great cards and go use of your bigshot! I have still yet at attempt the dahlia fold.

Jana Emmert said...

Love both of the cards. I haven't done the dahlia fold for a while.