Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Branch Out

My first order from the new Spring/Summer Stampin' Up! catalog came today. There are so many fantastic new stamps and accessories. After fondling the designer papers that I'd ordered, I tested out the new Texture Plates for the Big Shot. They are freakin' COOL! It even made Kraft cardstock look good, and you know how I feel about Kraft cardstock.

Then after piano lessons, I inked up a brand new stamp set called Branch Out. It's going to be a lot of fun using this set. It's super versatile, and makes quick cards that look complicated. That's my favorite kind of card. Anyway, here's the card. Enjoy!

I copied Julie's card for the sponging of the sky and grass. Thanks for the inspiration, Jules! If you look closely, you can see the diamond shapes on the Kraft cardstock. That's one of the texture plates. Yay! Another idea for making masculine cards.

If you want to order any of these items, let me know. I'm always willing to be an enabler, at least with paper-crafting :-)

4 comments:

Beth Fox said...

I love your card. You are right, it does look complicated.

JulieA said...

Beautiful card, Sharon! And the sponging looks good! Glad you liked my sponging. Isn't this set a blast???!!!

Marilyn said...

I haven't gotten this set yet, but it looks like I need to get it! Trees are so timeless, and this set is stunning - love how you sponged and the texture plates - oooh I love them too!

Laura Brown said...

I love this set and I really like what you've done with it.