Thursday, February 26, 2009

Another Use for Vellum

Happy Snow Day from Bellevue! While the kids were out playing in the rapidly melting snow, this is what I did.
Actually, using a Texturz plate and paper piercing was my original plan when I came up with the Vellum Challenge for the Three Amigas Weekly Challenge. I just couldn't get past the vellum and figure out where to go after that. Then, thanks to a wonderful DVD from my upline's demo meeting, I got this idea. I think it was Britiney's layout, but I'll have to watch it again to see.
The leaves and flower were also cut out using my Big Shot. The flower is one of the Embosslits, which cuts and dry embosses all in one step. I sponged a little Perfect Plum to give it more dimension.
Cheers,
Sharon

5 comments:

JulieA said...

I like it, Sharon! Looks great. Super idea to texture the vellum.

Joanne Travis said...

This is so pretty. This is a color I love and hardly ever remember to use. It is so rich looking and I love the textured vellum.

Tammy Borrello said...

I love how you used the vellum and that is a great card!

Laura Brown said...

I love the look on the vellum. I can't wait to try this!

Marilyn said...

What a great way to use vellum - thanks for showcasing this - your card is so pretty!!