Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Three Amigas Weekly Challenge -- Ugly Color

Three of us demonstrators have decided to do a weekly challenge with each other to stretch our stamping (we'd love for others to participate, more info at the bottom of this post). This week's challenge is to use our least favorite color. For me, it's the Kraft paper. I see wonderful creations made with it, but when I use it, it just ain't happenin'. In the end, I came up with three cards that I like pretty well.


For this first one, I used Kraft as an accent color. I kind of cheated because I used some designer paper that's part of a Simply Scrappin' Kit. Start out easy, right? The stamp set is Party Hearty.


Then I got a bit braver and used more Kraft. I noticed that Basic Black and Kraft worked pretty well together, but then it needed a color to help it pop. Riding Hood Red fit the bill nicely. I used my new Petal Pizzazz stamp set and actually cut out the largest flower. As you can see, cutting is not one of my strengths. That's why we have punches and the Big Shot, so we don't have to cut stuff out.


And finally, I got super brave and used Kraft as my base. I stamped the grass from Inspired by Nature in Mellow Moss Craft Ink then layered the rest on the card. I think this would work as a masculine card. What do you think?
So, there you have my adventures with Kraft cardstock. Who knows, you might see more out of me someday.

Three Amigas would be thrilled if you participate in our challenge. If you want to play along, please send me a link to your blog or SCS posting and I'll add the link. If you post it on SCS, please put TAWC2 in the Keywords section so others can find it easily.

Links to other submissions

Joanne's

Julies's

3 comments:

Joanne Travis said...

3 amazing cards!!! I love all of them and the different ways you used it for the best effect. I think Kraft really likes you too and is going to grow on you. You need fear it no longer 'cause you totally rocked the challenge, mi amiga!

Jana Emmert said...

You don't love Kraft?? Wow! It makes excellent masculine cards. I love what you did with it.

Rhonda Langley said...

I love kraft and riding hood red together. Love the masculine card-I have a hard time making masculine cards can't seem to find a way to make glitter look masculine !