Monday, January 12, 2009

LOVE YOU MUCH Samples

Did you think I disappeared? Life's been a little crazy around here with snow days so the kids were home from school for an extra week, followed by Christmas, visiting relatives, my mom having her hip re-replaced (she's progressing VERY well) and other various stuff. One of the things I love about my SU business is that it allows me to put my family first. A "real job" wouldn't be so flexible. So, if any readers are still out there, thanks for sticking with me.

These samples are from Stampin' Up!'s fantastic Love You Much Bundle which is 20% off through the end of the month. Once again, SU has made a punch that matches the stamp set which is fantastic for those of us who are scissor-impaired. If you click on the image in the right hand column, you can get the scoop on the sale (and order it from me LOL). It's a stamp set, designer paper and coordinating punch. I LOVE IT MUCH!
This first project was the one that we made at stamp clubs this month. I copied the idea of the hearts coming out of the envelope from several samples I saw on SCS. Cute, huh?!
This next one I was playing around with my Watercolor Wonder Crayons and seeing if I could emboss them. As it turns out, you can! I used the WWC on the main image of the heart and blended using my blender pen. Then, I used my Versamarker & WWC for the flowers and outside edge and embossed them with Irridescent Ice. You can't really tell from the scan, but it looks sparkly in real life.



Since I had the Watercolor Wonder Crayons out, I continued to play with them and did the watercolor wash technique. The rest is kind of self-explanatory, I hope.

I have some more samples to post that feature retiring stamp sets, so please visit again before the 18th.

Cheers,
---Sharon

2 comments:

Jana Emmert said...

Great projects, Sharon! Glad to see you back posting.

JulieA said...

Very cute, Sharon! I especially like the one with the hearts coming out of the envelope!