Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A Week of Gift Ideas -- Tuesday

Remember the glass bowl that I stamped on a couple months ago? Well, here are some additional ideas for glass items you can stamp on and give as gifts. I used White Staz On for these containers also. As I mentioned before, if you mess up, you can just wipe off the ink with rubbing alcohol while it's still wet. Gotta love something that is so forgiving! In anticipation of your questions about how washable these are, yes, you can hand wash them.
Please ignore the double images. I stamped on all sides of the jars, so you can see the image on the other side too. Looks kind of weird in the picture, but is fine in real life.

The jar on the left could be used for olive oil, dish soap or fancy vinegar. The jar on the right at one time had fancy almonds in it. You could easily fill something like this with home made candy or nuts and give it as a gift.

The glass bowl/plate that I showed you earlier (click here to see it again), could be filled with delicious home made cookies. And, I just hit the jack pot for clear glass plates at Bed, Bath and Beyond. You can get a box of 6 for $9.99. We'll be using them at Crystal's party on Friday evening. If you'd like to schedule a hand-stamped gifts class before the end of the year, contact me right away. I only have room for one more in my schedule.

If you need a bazillion recipe ideas for holiday goodies, check out this site. http://www.northpole.com/Kitchen/Cookbook/


Thanks for stopping by. If you have decorated glass items to share, please comment and include a link to your projects.

Cheers,
Sharon

2 comments:

Kathy W said...

looks like such a fun project and thanks for tip, because yes I would mess up one.

Laura Brown said...

Great ideas!