Monday, December 8, 2008

A Week of Gift Ideas -- Friday (kind of)

Ok, so it's not really Friday when I'm posting this. Between my workshop Friday night and various family commitments, it just didn't happen. So, for all of you who were going to order $1,000 worth of stamping supplies from me and then changed your mind, please forgive me :-)
Don't you love my fantasy world?

This last installment of gift ideas is a Photo Wallet. We made this at Crystal's workshop Friday night and it was a hit. It's the perfect gift for grandparents who want photos of their grandchildren. I got this idea from Splitcoaststampers.com which is an awesome website for ideas. You can find the instructions for it at http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/photo_wallet/
The photos below show the wallet closed and open. It's secured with a belly band that slides off.




The idea is that you could put journaling on the white areas and photos on the colored sections. I really like this color combination because you can change the blue to pink for a girl album. Or change one of the greens to pink if you have boys and girls.

Hope you've enjoyed this week of gift ideas. It's been fun sharing it with you. I plan on posting a few more ideas before Christmas, so please stop by again soon!

Cheers,
---Sharon

4 comments:

Joanne Travis said...

Awesom job, Sharon. I love this!!

JulieA said...

Great idea, Sharon! Very cute and useful.

peata said...

tfs.
making mini albums
mini album blog

Kim said...

I love this project, I've been wanting to make one myself and just haven't gotten around to it.