Monday, December 22, 2008

Pun Fun Ensemble

As we're snowed in here in Bellevue, I've taken a break from my Christmas Cards and made some cheerful cards using Pun Fun. Each of these cards started with a 2.5" square image in Whisper White cardstock that I stamped with Black Staz On and then colored with my Watercolor Wonder crayons and Blender Pens while watching It's a Wonderful Life (no pun intended, in spite of the stamp set I was using). I'll be posting more about Watercolor Wonder Crayons soon.

Each image is mounted on a piece of Basic Black cardstock so it would coordinate with any other cardstock I wanted to use.

If you have a stash of these focal points on hand, you can quickly (or not so quickly) create a card when you need one. Here are all of them together. As you can see, you can vary your layout and complexity a lot with the same starting point.

This first one is a super duper quick one if you have the focal point already complete. Simply stamp the sentiment and adhere the image and presto, you're done! These other ones are a bit more time consuming, but not too terrible. They use a variety of punches, the Big Shot, etc. In the latte card, I actually used Whisper White as the card base. For some reason, I usually forget that it works for the base as well as for stamping on.





I just realized that I don't have an individual image of the skunk card. If I get to it, I'll post that too.
If you want to see more of my Pun Fun samples, click on the following links
As always, if you want to order any of these supplies, email me or order directly through my website. To do that, click here.
Remember that the 10% discount on retiring stamp sets and FREE SHIPPING ends tomorrow.

Cheers,
Sharon

7 comments:

Jana Emmert said...

Fun cards, Sharon! I love that you showed a single image with some additions for pizzazz!

Vanessa said...

I always have a hard time with WWC...maybe I will try them again. These look really cute!

Jennifer Orbaker said...

Very neat idea. I hardly ever use my WWC.

Kim said...

What a good idea, to have your focal point already done. These made really cute cards.

Laura Brown said...

This set is so cute and your cards are adorable! Why don't I own this set? Hmmmm.

Twila said...

Love your cards. My favorite is the rocket card. Love the idea using the punches to make a ring around Saturn!

Tracy said...

I love what you did with the punches on the rocket card! It looks just like Saturn!