Thursday, December 18, 2008

Never Been Used Challenge

Some friends and I have weekly challenges and this week's was to use something we'd never used. I'd had the Gratuitous Graffiti background stamp sitting unmounted in its case for several months so I chose that for my challenge. I'd gotten it because I thought it would make quick "thank you" cards. Well, I was certainly right! This card went together very quickly.

Actually, it's a double challenge because I used the Color Challenge 197 from Splitcoast also. The color challenge was to use Basic Gray, Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze and Not Quite Navy. I love this color combination! You could easily make a masculine card with it, which is always a challenge.

The other Never Been Used components of this card are the Flower Layers with Leaf die and the Trio Flower punch.

To make this, I simply stamped the background image in Basic Gray on Whisper White and then sponged Kiwi Kiss and Baja Breeze all over. Then I sponged around the edge in Not Quite Navy. The die cuts, punches, Kiwi ribbon, rhinestone brads and Curly Label stamp and punch complete the supplies.

So, my challenge for you is to dust off something you've never used or that's been sitting on a shelf for a while. If you post it on your blog, send me a link and I'll put that here.

Cheers,

--Sharon

6 comments:

Joanne Travis said...

I really love this background stamp and I don't know why I never noticed it before, background stamp junkie that I am. You've brought it to life in a way I never would have thought of with the colors and shading. Really, really beautiful!!

JulieA said...

I agree with Joanne. I love what you did with that background stamp! And yes, that color combo is a great one!

Jana Emmert said...

Just gorgeous Sharon! This color combo is why I got the Urban Garden DSP. It's amazing how much stuff we get and then don't use, isn't it?

Kathy W said...

great job on this challenge and not even using urban garden paper.

Rhonda Langley said...

Love the colors!! I keep putting that stamp on my list and taking it off. I am background-stamp-challenged!! I have "messed" up so many cards trying to get a good print with them that I quit. Guess I need to just get some & practice huh?

Marilyn Goodrich said...

Stunning! Love that color combo and the background stamp looks fabulous with the blended colors behind it!