Saturday, October 11, 2008

Autumn Harvest

I get most of my produce from a local organic farm. Each week I get to go out and pick some of it, and the rest is already harvested. Anyway, last week we got a big ole 15 lb pumpkin. Now I feel like Bubba in Forest Gump...pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin chili...LOL

What's that got to do with rubber stamping? My pumpkin reminds me of Stampin' Up!'s Autumn Harvest stamp set (#110372, p. 30, $17.95 for a set of 6 stamps). You just can't go wrong with this beautiful set. Ironically, when I first saw it last year, I didn't like it. Then I started seeing so many beautiful samples, I HAD to have it. I'm so glad that I got it!

For this card I used Black StazOn and watercolored with my Watercolor Wonder Crayons and blended with a blender pen. Then I stippled around the images with More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie and Close to Cocoa. The designer paper is Autumn Vine from the Holiday mini catalog. You can't really tell from the scan, but the ribbon is felt. It's from the Alpine collection, which is also in the mini.

This stamp set is so versatile, that you can use it for Halloween cards also. The one below is one that I made last year.


Although the Wasabi ribbon and hodgepodge are retired, it would be pretty easy to duplicate using products we currently carry.

Hope you are enjoying a nice Fall day.



Add to Technorati Favorites

5 comments:

Laura Brown said...

Cute cards. I love this set!

Kathy W said...

love the felt ribbon and just got this set, thanks for inspiration.

Debbi said...

I love the top card! This is such a great set and the leaves are such pretty colors!

Kim said...

You did a wonderful job of watercoloring, I love your cards.

Nicole said...

Love the cards,Sharon, and am really impressed with your watercoloring!