Sunday, September 21, 2008

100 Card Swap

I recently participated in a 100 card swap. What that means is that I made 100 identical card fronts (they don't open) and 99 other people did the same thing. The swap hostess then separates them and sends you back 1 from each of the other 99 participants. As I was working on making 100 identical cards, I really wondered what possessed me to do such a thing! But, having received the other cards yesterday, I know why. They were awesome! Stampin' Up! has so many amazingly talented demonstrators.

This shows my work in progress. I chose the new set Harvest Home which is a beautiful set, just perfect for watercoloring. Of course, watercoloring 100 focal points and 100 leaf borders was a bit much. Then, I discovered that I didn't have enough Chocolate Chip cardstock to do one of the layers I'd planned, so I distressed and sponged the edges with Chocolate Chip ink instead. That adds another dimension without adding another layer.
This is the final product. I like how it turned out. Actually, the other 100 don't have glitter on the leaves. My 9 yo said that he'd never seen shiny leaves, so I shouldn't do that to the rest of them.

Stamps: Harvest Home

CS: Confetti White, Choc Chip, Baja Breeze, Tangerine Tango, Kiwi Kiss DP

Ink: Black StazOn,

Reinkers: Tangerine, Riding Hood, Close to Cocoa, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Mustard

Acces: Choc Chip Grosgrain, Jumbo Eyelets, Aquapainter

As always, if you want to order any of these supplies, either email me or buy it online by clicking on the Online ordering button on my blog.

Happy Stamping!

8 comments:

Nicole said...

Beautiful swap card, Sharon! I don't think I'd have ventured into a 100 card swap, so kudos to you!

Jana Emmert said...

Oh my goodness! 100?? And watercolored? You are one brave lady!

Deb said...

WOW!!!! Sharon this is amazing. I thought doing 32 was time consuming for one card but 100 and watercolored too! BEAUTIFUL!

Marilyn said...

Unbelievable - you watercolored 100 cards - ouch! I bet your hand was hurting after all that! These are absolutely adorable though! Your watercoloring is amazing - are you going to show us some of the cards you received?

Laura Brown said...

I love your card! BUT 100?? I've never put myself through such a thing!!

I've seen shiny leaves that are wet with dew in the morning....but I'm glad your son advised you not to add glitz to 100 cards. Smart thinking on his part! Hee. Hee.

Kim said...

WOW - that is a lot of work and a lot of cards. And I am sure the ladies who received them will love them, they are beautiful.

Vanessa said...

Brave lady--watercoloring 100 swaps!! turned out very nice!

Ellen aka Chipper (SCS) said...

Wow! This is a very beautiful card! I can't imagine 100 times!! You go girl!!