Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Same Card, Different Colors

Becky Fleck has great card and scrapbook layouts on Pagemaps.com each month. Why re-invent the wheel? And it's free! You can find the June card maps here. I used one of the card layouts for the two cards below. Both use Stampin' Up!'s Fresh Cuts rubber stamp set (on special this month).

The card above uses Brocade Blue, Sage Shadow and Cameo Coral. I used the white gel pen to add the dots. The card below uses Basic Black, River Rock and Very Vanilla. I used the Zig Painty pen to add the gold dots in the center of the flowers and on the scalloped border. I hadn't used my Zig pen for a while and I'm glad I unburied it again. It stinks a bit, but it's worth it.

To make the scalloped edge, I used my slit punch. It's super easy to make a border using it.

That's all for now. Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

Nichole M said...

I received my blog candy yesterday in the mail! To my surprise, there was the card you pictured here! It's even better in person.

Thanks again so much!

Jana Emmert said...

These are awesome, Sharon! I love that they feature the OTHER stamps in this set. You should submit them to SU!

Kim said...

Very pretty - especially the one with black, it really pops. I will definitely have to case these.

Laura Brown said...

Great cards. I love how you used the leaf stamp as a vine with the flowers. I also love your layered scallop idea for the sentiment.