Sunday, June 1, 2008

Rub-ons on Ribbon

This was my first attempt at putting rub-ons on ribbon and it definitely won't be the last. It looks so cool! The ribbon is 5/8" grosgrain, which is the perfect width for this border. I liked the way it looked with Stampin' Up!'s Paisley Background stamp and the True Friend flower (I punched out the center of it). In real life, this card has a lot of texture. And, it's one of my favorite color combinations: Real Red, Basic Black and Whisper White. I wear that color combination a lot too :-)

2 comments:

Jana Emmert said...

I love this Sharon! It reminds me of a bandanna. And I love that True Friend medallion; never thought of that one!

Marilyn said...

Very cool card - love the color combo too!! I had to laugh reading your previous post - wish I had a self-cleaning house too - instead of a constantly messing up one! Seems like you just get it cleaned, and you blink your eye, and its time to start all over!! LOL!! Anyway - fabulous card - loved it!