Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Layered Backgrounds

I had this idea that it would be interesting to try layering different background stamps. In this sample I stamped some Very Vanilla cardstock with River Rock ink using the Canvas background stamp. Then I stamped with the En Francais stamp in Close to Cocoa right on top of it. I have to admit, I was so upset when French Script retired, but I like En Francais even better. I have no idea what it says, but the font is so pretty. Maybe it's a recipe for chocolate chip cookies.

Anyway, then I sponged around the edges with more Close to Cocoa. At that point, I had a really nice background but didn't know where to go from there. So, in staying with the French theme, I pulled out Carte Postale and made the focal point. Add a little antique brass hodgepodge hardware (this hodgepodge finish will be retiring in August) and ribbon and it was done.

This style is different from a lot of the stuff I've done recently. It was nice to do something different.

Thanks for looking.

10 comments:

Marilyn said...

I really like how you layered the backgrounds!! I love En Francais too but don't use it often enough. This card is just amazing - great job!

Hulda Pollock said...

Very pretty and elegant. I use my En Francais a lot (maybe because I only have one other background stamp and I just got it last week). You did a great job on the sponging too!

laura Brown said...

Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Love the colors, hardware accent and of course the double background!

Vanessa said...

so very pretty!

desirée said...

Gorgeous Sharon! You are tempting me to get En Francais!

I've nominated you for an award - check out my blog for the details:)

Tiffany Bauer said...

This card is just stunning!!!!I love the idea of doing two background stamps on a card. Thanks for sharing this tip, I am going to have to try this one!!!

Carrie said...

Beautiful job. I love the colour combo here and the layering of the backgrounds.

Leah said...

This is really pretty!! I love it and I love to layer backgrounds.

Beth said...

WOW-this is absolutely stunning! Great colors & layout and using layered backgrounds is positively brilliant!! Love!

Staciestamps said...

This is the second time I've seen a layered background and both times it turned out so beautiful. Thanks for sharing your wonderful talent with us.