Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Ginger Blossom & Chipboard Ensemble

As I was icing my knee today, I had the brilliant idea that you could make an ensemble of cards using just one package of chipboard (which is on special this month), one package of designer series paper, a stamp set and some ribbon. This is what I came up with today. It didn't take very long to make these.
My supplies were:
Ginger Blossom designer series paper ($9.95)
River Rock cardstock ($5.50)
Short & Sweet stamp set ($15.95)
Chocolate Chip Ink ($5.25) -- Ruby Red would work well too
Groovy Guava Double Stitched ribbon ($8.95)
On Board Accents (25% off this month with a $35 purchase -- $9.71)
Grand total $56.01 and you'd have enough to make 40+ cards. That's less than $1.50/card! Yes, of course I'll be happy to order these supplies for you :-)
Here are some close-ups of two of the cards. You'll notice that I covered the chipboard with the Ginger Blossom paper. All you have to do is put some glue stick or Tombo Multi-Adhesive on your piece of chipboard, stick it onto the wrong side of your paper and let it dry for a couple minutes. Once it's set up, go around it with your hobby blade to trim off the paper. That's also how I did the center of the heart frame below. I'm eager to work on another set using some different designer paper. Unfortunately, the kids will be out of school in 20 minutes and then it's on to piano and swimming. Maybe tomorrow...


4 comments:

procrastistamper said...

Just wanted to leave kudos for you...this Embrace Life card:
https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=1175268386004529768&postID=1390360251407084220

From this post:
http://stampingwithsharon.blogspot.com/2008/02/glitter-glitter-everywhere.html

Was featured on the SU! Demonstrators Stamper's Showcase on May 8th. Way to go :-)

~Kimberley

desirée said...

Okay, that IS a great idea! TFS!

laura Brown said...

These are adorable. What a great idea for a class!

Rhonda L said...

Love the cards!! I love the idea of making a set of matching cards; they look so pretty all sitting together. Can't wait until my chipboard order gets here!