Thursday, May 1, 2008

Chipboard on Scrapbook pages

All chipboard is on sale at Stampin' Up! this May -- 25% off with a $35 purchase. Can't beat that! So, here's the first of several samples spotlighting chipboard. This is a 2-page 12x12 scrapbook page layout. I'm not sure how I'll use it yet, so I used Photoshop to add the title.







Here are a few close-ups of the various chipboard accents. In this first one, I used one of the ribbon slides and rubbed CRAFT Pumpkin Pie ink on it. Once it was dry, I applied a rub-on. Why am I using Craft ink rather than Classic? Either one works, but since the Classic is a dye-based ink, it absorbs into the chipboard and the color changes slightly. The Craft ink is pigment based and stays on top of the chipboard so the color remains true. It's a subtle difference, so if you only have Classic ink, go with that (or buy the Craft inks from me :-) )





On this chipboard star accent, I used Craft Tempting Turqouise ink to cover the star. Once it was dry, I stamped it with Craft Whisper White ink using a stamp from the Polka Dots & Paisley stamp set.


This final accent is one I kind of made myself. After using the solid star image somewhere else, I cut around the star shaped hole that was on my chipboard sheet and created this frame. Make sense? It's a cheap way to get even more use out of your chipboard. Before you start telling me how smart I am, I have to admit that another demonstrator shared this idea at a group meeting.
This is just the beginning of a few ideas I'll share with you about ways to use chipboard. Stay tuned...

7 comments:

newenglandstamper said...

This is a great page. I love the bright, cheerful colors - great for summer scrapping.

Tammy Borrello said...

I love those stars on you scrapbook pages - you do nice work. Thanks for all the comments you leave on my blog.

Marilyn said...

This is a great way to demo the chipboard!! Love it!! I must do the same for my customers!!

Carrie Gaskin said...

Great layouts! Thanks for sharing.

Tiffany said...

What a great two page spread!! Love the chipboard and stars!!TFS!

desirée said...

Okay, I love the tip about cutting out around the image - what scissors did you use? Craft and Rubber? TFS!

Beth said...

Fantasic layout and great idea making the star frame! I used the one star "hole" to make a stippling template, but I like your frame idea much better!