Thursday, April 17, 2008

Shades of Gray

A few weeks ago when I was watching Extreme Makeover Home Improvement, the wallpaper that they put in the master bedroom really struck me. My immediate response was, "That looks like Going Gray stamped with Basic Gray. I can make that!" So I did. Here's what I came up with. Unfortunately, the scan doesn't show the shinyness of the silver very well. The center is Brushed silver cardstock which was embossed with black and the left side is silver encore ink on Basic Gray. But, you get the general idea.

8 comments:

Beth Fox said...

I think this is very elegant. Love your layout!!!

Beth said...

WOW - this is stunning! Very very elegant. I think keeping the grays together accentuates the layout and elements of the card. Just fabulous! :-)

laura Brown said...

Very pretty. I love it!

Hulda Pollock said...

Love it! Very elegant!

Marilyn said...

Ohh - this is so pretty - love the shades of gray - I know it is stunning in person!! Layout is fabulous too!

Desirée said...

I love the central medallion - black embossing on silver card stock looks amazing!

www.stampwithdesiree.typepad.com

Staciestamps said...

What a great card. It's also great fun hearing where you got your inspiration. I love it when people say "I can do that!!" It's one of my favorite things about being a demonstrator.

Debbi said...

This is fabulous! I love the monochromatic look!