Sunday, March 9, 2008

A Perfect Day for Picnic Paper and (Die-Cut) Blooms

The scrapbook page that I made earlier this week was so cheerful that I wanted to make some other projects using the same supplies. So, I made these. There's no stamping involved in these. The primary products that I used came from the Occasions Mini catalog.
They were:

Die-Cut Blooms, which are super easy to use. You just punch them out and you've got a great flower for a focal point. They're on page 14 and are onl.y $8.95 for 4 sheets of 12x12 textured cardstock. Each sheet has approximately 20 different flower shapes and a bunch of circles. The four sheets are Bashful Blue, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie and Real Red.
A Perfect Day Rub-Ons which coordinate with the Die-Cut Blooms. They're on page 15.

And, last but not least, I used the Summer Picnic double-sided designer series paper. This paper works perfectly with the previous two products. I just love how SU designs products to coordinate with each other. It makes creating projects practially fool-proof. Although, to be honest, there is one of my cards that I'm not posting. Sometimes you strike out.

Scroll down to see each of the individual projects with comments.

At first I was trying to just use Soft Subtle cardstock and the first couple turned out fine.



But, then some of the projects looked a little bland, so I added some black mats and used more red to help them "pop." This is actually 1/2 of the biggest flower. I added faux stitching around the edge of it.

Who wouldn't enjoy getting a gift bag like this? The bags were on sale at the "M" store last week so I picked up a few knowing that I could decorate them somehow. I mounted the biggest flower from the Bashful Blue die-cuts onto the protective cardboard that comes with the designer paper and cut it out. The crop-a-dile punched through it like butter so I could tie the ribbon onto it.
I'm not totally in love with the placement of the rub-on cherries. The idea was for it to look like they're hanging from the ribbon but I'm not sure that I accomplished that.

This one may be my favorite of the bunch. The 3 flowers across the top are punched out from one of the sheets of designer paper. I then mounted those on larger squares that I punched with the 1 3/8" punch.


These are just the tip of the proverbial iceberg. You could make so many different cards, scrapbook pages, etc with these supplies and it wouldn't take too long.

Wow, this is a long post. Until next time, Happy Stamping!

11 comments:

britta said...

omgosh I LOVE your samples-fantastic job highlighting all the elements!

Leah said...

These are AWESOME - I just love that paper.

Leah said...

I passed on the you made my day award to you. Check out my blog for the details.
Leah
http://leahlogan.blogspot.com/

Ellen aka Chipper (SCS) said...

Great, great samples. Very colorful!

Laura Brown said...

You've done such a wonderful job on these cards! Those die-cut blooms are one of my new favorite accessories!

Carla said...

What a wonderfully bright and cheerful group -- I love them all!

Carrie Gaskin said...

These are all great! I love your samples.

stacie said...

Beautiful work - so bright and colorful!

Marilyn said...

Fabulous projects with the new mini catalog! Love them! Just added you to my blogroll - see you around soon!

Susan said...

Ok - I've just got to get that paper. Your cards are too cute!

Robin said...

these are fabulous! Great job!