Friday, March 14, 2008

Happy Pi Day

In our house we celebrate March 14th for two reasons. Most importantly, it's my son's birthday (happy birthday!!!!). Secondly, it's Pi day. What's that, you ask? March 14, aka 3/14, aka 3.14 -- got it yet? If not, think back to your math classes in high school. Pi, which is the number used to calculate the area or circumference of a circle, is 3. 14 -- now does it make sense? (Actually, it's an infinite number, but we won't go into that.) OK, fine, we're a bunch of geeks.


And, now on to some stamping... As much as I tried, I couldn't stay away from the glitter for very long. In this sample, I used the new Chunky Glitter on one of the Sticky Cut hearts. The Sticky Cut letters and shapes are seriously fun. They're super sticky (duh) so are perfect for adhering to glitter, beads, or just about anything. They come in all the letters of the alphabet, plus a few shapes. We'll be using these at stamp clubs next month.

I'll be posting more samples with the Sticky Cut letters soon. They're a bit addicting.


Well, I'm off to celebrate my son's birthday at school. Until next time, Happy Stamping!

7 comments:

Robin said...

Can't wait to play with these!

Carrie Gaskin said...

That chunky glitter just make the card pop - great job!

britta said...

came out great-i need to break mine out of the package!

Laura Brown said...

Great card! I need to get some chunky glitter soon. I've been using the fine glitters- they are beautiful!

Leah said...

I am glad to know that there are more geeks out there. I love that you remember Pi day - we should have made cards???

Carla said...

We have a 3/14 birthday in our house as well. What we DON'T have (yet) is chunky glitter and I think we NEED some!

Alicia said...

That is too funny that you celebrate this day! Happy Late birthday to your son! My husband and I are both engineers so I think the "pi" celebration is a hoot!

Love your work! Thanks for leaving me a comment!