Monday, March 31, 2008

Glitterfying Ribbon Slides

Of course Glitterfying is a word. Why would you even have to ask? LOL. Take a look at the ribbon slide in the top left of this card. It's from the Styled Silver Hodgepodge Hardware in the Occasions Mini catalog. I filled the channel with a bit of Tombo Multi-Adhesive (LOVE that stuff) and then dumped purple Fine Cosmo glitter on top. Let it dry and tap off the excess and you've got super bling for your creation. The stamp set is Bloomin' Beautiful also from the Occasions mini.









6 comments:

Beth said...

Gorgeous! I have not yet colored my slides, but yours are WONDERFUL! Beautiful card - the slide was the perfect accent.

Marilyn said...

I was just talking about trying this today - but hadn't thought about using the glitter - now that's even more fun to think about! Thanks for sharing - and what a great card you've made too!

Hulda said...

That looks great! I'll need to give this a try! Love the card and that stampset is one of my favorites!

Carrie Gaskin said...

I know, huh? Isn't this just the coolest thing? Great job on the project too!

Staciestamps said...

I hadn't thought of the glitter idea - thanks for sharing that. Another way to color the slides is to use a drop or two of re-inker and then fill in with the Crystal Effects so you can get coordinating ribbon slides.

newenglandstamper said...

I love what you did with the ribbon slides - you can never have too much glitter!