Friday, March 9, 2007

What do you send an Olympic Gold Medalist?

My almost 8 year old is a huge Michael Phelps fan. He is a phenomenal swimmer, won a bazillion gold medals at the 2004 Olympics and is the fastest butterfly swimmer in the world. I'm referring to Michael Phelps here, not my son :-) Anyway, I wanted to get Michael to autograph a swim cap for my son so that we can frame it and give it to him for his upcoming birthday. Shhh, don't tell him about it. This is the card I sent. I'm guessing that a 21 year old male won't appreciate it, or even notice that it's hand made, but it was fun to make anyway. The left hand edge uses the faux tearing technique. There's not a layer of Mellow Moss cardstock there. I sponged it with Mellow Moss Craft Ink. Cool, huh? I'm sure he REALLY won't appreciate that!


Supplies (all are Stampin' Up!):

Stamps: All About U & Fun With Shapes

Cardstock: Not Quite Navy, Mellow Moss, Whisper White

Ink: Not Quite Navy (classic), Mellow Moss (craft), VersaMark (r)

Accessories: Gold embossing powder

Technique: Faux Torn Edge

No comments: